New Zealand is no longer a well-kept secret but a thriving island nation whose economy is set to boom during the upcoming global recession.
In a nutshell, here is an overview of a few reasons why New Zealand should be on your investment radar:
- The population is relatively small, and there has been incredible interest in migration, meaning there is a huge inflow of skilled capital from wealthy migrants. New Zealand’s immigration policy is still relatively affordable compared to Australia, and there are many options.
- New Zealand exports high-quality food, hi-tech products and top education, so its economy is growing while its dollar is undervalued.
- New Zealand grants you a passport after five years, which gives you the right to reside in Australia permanently.
- Property prices are booming, and huge demand and low supply mean they will keep increasing.
- There is no capital gains tax and no currency controls, so real estate development projects are a safe way to preserve capital
- The country is safe from Crime and isolated from the coronavirus. Clean air, water and sea make New Zealand very much like Switzerland
- The banking system is stable and safe.
- New Zealand allows you to pay zero tax on your worldwide income for the first four years of your immigration, after which there is another tax loophole that allows you never to pay tax again. Still, you will have to ask our experts about this because it is a closely held secret for the inner circles of tax advisers.
- New Zealand has zero taxes for non-resident trusts, which allow non-resdents to hold assets via new Zealand trusts while paying zero tax. Another less secret loophole.
- New Zealand has no capital gains on precious metals