Blog and newsBlog
Pensionado visa in Panama
Panama is known worldwide for its business incentives, tax advantages, free zones, and residency programs. This is one of the countries to offer a very wide range of residency options that are, in general, easy to get.
The friendly nations visa, for example, grants permanent residency with a simple process to the citizens of 50 countries that are considered to have friendly relations with Panama. All the citizens from these countries, which include Argentina, Uruguay, the USA, and many European countries, can acquire residency in approximately 3 to 6 months. The main requirements are depositing 5,000USD to a local bank account and proving to have ties to the country (work contract or registering a company).
One of the exciting news that this 2020 brought is the new permanent residency program for qualified investors. Now, citizens from countries that are not under the friendly nations list can acquire permanent residency in approximately 3 months by investing a minimum of 300,000 USD in real estate. It is also possible to apply through other investments such as securities in Panama´s stock market for a minimum amount of 500,000USD, and bank fixed deposits for a minimum of $750,000. For more information about this new program please read our article.
One of the most attractive and peculiar residency programs is the Retirement visa for Panama, or pensionado visa.
Contrary to what its name suggests the retiree visa is open to all ages. All you have to prove is that you have a pension or fixed income from a government or private retirement fund of 1,000 USD per person per month for life.
The retirement or pensionado visa has absolutely no investment requirements, no language requirements, and is rated as the best retirement visa program on earth today. This program offers a permanent residency which allows you to have up to 25% discount on all movie tickets, medical bills, restaurants, and many other services. No wonder it is considered the most requested residency program. If you can prove a steady income for life then wait no more, this program will not last much longer as the government is due to tighten it.
Requirements to acquire the pensionado visa
● Five photos.
● Letter issued by the Institution or Entity that proves the monthly lifetime income (minimum of USD 1,000.00).
● Criminal record.
● Medical certificate issued by a local doctor.
● Affidavit, according to the migration requirements.
● Proof of Panama address, this may be utility bill, rental agreement and / or hotel letter.
All the above information must be duly translated into Spanish and apostilled. If the applicant wishes to include a spouse or children, they must have an additional USD 250 for each one in their monthly lifetime income.
The process to apply to this type of visa is as follows:
● Register the passport at the Migration office and obtain a temporary ID (2 - 3 days)
● Obtain multiple entry visa (2-3 days)
● Obtain residence card (1-2 days)
● Obtain residence card (45-60 days)
In Mundo´s view, the retirement visa for Panama is one of the best residency options a person can have. It is not age restricted (you only need to prove having a steady income for life) and provides a permanent residency in one of the best business centers in the world. Having a Panamanian residency is the first step to acquiring a tax resident status in this country, which is one of the few in the world to offer an exemption on worldwide income tax. To find out more about the benefits of Panamanian tax residency, please read this article.
We have many experts with a wide experience in Panamanian financial and immigration services. Please contact us to get a consultation with our experts.
- Banking and Accounts
- Family Office
- Real Estate Investments
- Corporate Structures
- Philosophy of Money
- Crypto and Forex
- Residency and Citizenship
- Investment and Finance
- AML System for your Bank
- Assets Registration
- Master Minds
- Money Machine
- Expat Living in
- Financial Licenses
- Taxes and Tax Residency
- Trust and Asset Protection
- Real estate investment in Costa del Este: Living in the city under a new concept Many people contact us because they want to buy a condo in Panama, and we encourage this type of inq...
- Why Panama is the best country for Canadians The immigration trends in the 21st century are quite interesting. While the past century showed us a...
- Real estate property in the country of the Canal: luxury apartment in Costa del Este If you’ve followed us for some time now, you are probably aware of the fact that Mundo promotes Pana...
- Luxury family apartments in Costa del Este, Panama Whether you want to buy family real estate in Panama or be the owner of a rental property, Mundo has...
- Amazing real estate with park view in Panama for luxury accommodation Buying property abroad is an excellent investment but it can be quite challenging. Acquiring a prope...
- Panama real estate There are very few investments as solid as real estate. Mundo always recommends having a diversified...
- Beach property Mundo presents an exceptional product: Panama real estate. The benefits of Panama real estate are en...
- What countries can you visit visa-free with a Saint Lucia passport? The importance of a second passport has been vastly covered here at Mundo. Besides offering a safe h...
Open a Bank Account
Open a Company
Obtain a Financial License
Create a Trust
Establish Your Family Office
Send Us Your Task
From USD 6,000
Asset protection in Panama
Basic and standard