Blog and newsNews
Obtaining Malta citizenship has never been easier: find out what the new CBI program offers
When you think about the Mediterranean Sea, a paradise land comes to mind. But located at the very core of this beautiful region, a country offers more than just great landscapes and tourism opportunities.
Malta, the ideal home of international investors, just updated its already unique residency and citizenship programs. We bet you don’t want to miss a single detail!
These new conditions for the Citizenship by Investment program come when many countries look for new ways to attract capital. Within this trend, however, Malta seems to offer the finest opportunity. Convenience is the best word to describe it.
Every day, potential investors keep coming to this island to search for an environment that can maximize their income as few financial systems in the world can do it.
Let’s understand exactly why these new changes to Maltese legislation are so appealing and, on top of all, how we at Mundo are more than prepared to help you in succeeding throughout the process.
All you need to know about the new Naturalization for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment
As you might know by now, Malta has one of the most attractive citizenship by investment programs in the whole European region. In fact, it’s among the most convenient ones in the whole world thanks to the great benefits it offers to applicants.
These programs’ main goal is clear: to attract as much foreign investment as possible, allowing to create an ideal economic situation for the nation’s overall development. It certainly has proven to be successful in that regard as the previous investment program managed to receive over 2,000 applicants from all over the world, many of whom are now enjoying the amazing conditions of this business paradise.
Nonetheless, Maltese authorities think it’s vital to optimize the process for many investors still seeking to settle in the country. New legislation came into effect in November 2020 and now the country offers an ever faster and more secure route towards relocation in an EU member state through a straightforward residency acquisition procedure.
The new citizenship by naturalization for exceptional services provides foreign investors with individual and family citizenship through a Certificate of Naturalization. To succeed, the applicant must contribute to the country’s economic development.
But how exactly does this work?
What do I need to acquire Maltese citizenship through investment?
The main requirement for achieving citizenship in this paradise is simple: to contribute with a minimum investment amount that automatically makes you eligible for the program. It is crucial to notice that this program is aimed at Malta residents, as it must be proven to authorities that the applicant has had between 12 and 36 months of residency in the country.
At Mundo, we encourage you to start this process as soon as possible. The program’s attractiveness is likely to appeal to many investors, and according to the new regulation, the system will limit the number of applications accepted. As many as 400 applicants per year will be considered until the goal of 1,500 applications is reached. You can’t afford to lose time nor this incredible chance.
All applications will be managed by the Community Malta Agency, a federal unit in charge of studying the investment’s validity. This agency sets the following criteria for eligibility:
- All main applicants for citizenship by naturalization for exceptional services must be at least 18 years old. The application can include family members within the application, and you must pay a fee for each one of them (€50,000 for each dependent).
- The applicant must make an investment after having completed a specific time as a resident.
- If you’re looking for citizenship after 36 months of residency, the investment must reach €600,000.
- If you’re looking for citizenship after 12 months of residency, the investment must reach €750,000.
- Applicants must either purchase or rent real estate in Malta and the minimum value of the property may vary depending on the location. Also, the owned real estate must be held for 5 five years and cannot be subleased.
- When buying a property, the value must reach at least €700,000.
- When leasing a property, the annual rental value must reach €16,000.
- You must make a €10,000 donation to a local organization previously approved by the Community Malta Agency. You can choose the organization; it only has to be officially registered in the country and have a sport, scientific, philanthropic, animal welfare, or cultural orientation. Non-governmental and civil society organizations are also valid.
- The possession of a currently valid residence card is needed when applying for citizenship. This is often granted after purchasing a property within Malta, as the owner will be issued a Malta identity document (e-ID card).
- Health certificates ensuring the applicant’s good health are also needed. This also applies to all family members included in the process.
When processing your application, you’ll be subject to due diligence for the validation of your income. This is part of a worldwide crusade against illegitimate capital flows that establishes a four-tier process. In the old citizenship program, around 23% of applicants have been rejected due to illegally inherited capital. Such policy has succeeded in keeping Malta as a lawful country to the largest extent possible.
Overall, these are among the most flexible citizenship conditions in Europe. But even if you are having doubts, let’s go through the benefits of applying and getting Maltese citizenship.
How can Maltese citizenship improve my life?
After investing and successfully acquiring citizenship through this innovative program, the Maltese government will provide you with some of the best living conditions in the world. You and your family will be set to enjoy life as never before.
After the approval, the investor and his family will have the right to live, work, and study in any European Union country. You and your family will have the opportunity to choose which country is better for you according to your desires and passions. The sense of life-lasting security regarding one’s legal status is an unparalleled feeling.
In addition, your children will have total access to the Maltese education system. Among the best of the region, Malta’s schools and universities are mostly public and free institutions. They guarantee a top level of academic and professional formation.
Free travel with one of the world’s most wanted passports
As a European citizen, the investor and his family will also be able to travel throughout the 26 Schengen area countries without any extra border checks. Furthermore, all of you will have access to the United States and Canada without the need for a Visa. From Asia to South America, this Maltese passport will grant you access to any country in the world.
Moreover, Malta is a country that allows dual citizenship. This means that you can enjoy business benefits from two countries at the same time when following a simple process to receive such dual citizenship. Among the countries that allow this benefit we find France, Germany, the United States, Greece, and Switzerland.
A unique quality of life for your family
This Mediterranean paradise guarantees quality of life as few countries do. You’ll have property rights, freedom of speech, and a polluted-free environment, all of which are characteristics of a first-world nation. You’ll have access to some of the region’s greatest tourist locations and enjoy some of the best infrastructure, banking, and internet services in the whole European Area.
On top of that, your family’s health will be in the best hands possible. The Maltese healthcare system is ranked among the top 5 of the most advanced ones by the World Health Organization. You’ll have most of the medical services covered through the affordable insurance system, from hospitalizations to prescriptions and special treatments.
Malta’s benefits and the thrive of business
If the application is accepted, your new European citizenship will guarantee the retaining of most of your income. By acquiring Maltese citizenship, you’ll be part of one of the most income-friendly tax legislations in the world.
Even when relocating to Malta, one can still retain a non-dom condition that exempts you from paying taxes in many regards. Only income attained within the country will be tax-enforceable, as all foreign capital arose outside Malta falls out of the scope of tax authorities.
Inheritance, estate duty, municipal and net worth taxes are not enforced on non-domiciled citizens of Malta. This country has one of the most attractive and extensive networks on double taxation agreements, a condition that is extremely advantageous for foreign investors.
This new citizenship program certainly brings plenty of benefits for applicants from all over the world. You don’t have to worry about all the complicated details of the process; we at Mundo are partnered with some of the best experts on the matter that are waiting for your call.
Our expert team is licensed as an official agent of the Maltese Naturalization for Exceptional Services and residency by investment programs. We can help you to acquire citizenship as soon as possible, just contact us and seize this unmissable opportunity for you, your family, and your business.
- What is KYC Nobody doubts the fact that it is necessary to know one´s clients. In some areas, like financial adv...
- British dual citizenship: Which CBI program is for you? Albeit some European countries have strict laws, British dual citizenship is allowed. British dual n...
- The best citizenship by investment programs for 2020 Due to the increasing financial uncertainty and to the rise in regulations that took place during th...
- The 5 cheapest countries to open offshore bank accounts and establish a company With the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus and due to the ever-increasing regulations and re...
- How to get residency and guaranteed income in Panama In October of this year, Panama issued Decree 722, opening the door to obtaining permanent residency...
- Can a US Citizen Have an Offshore Bank Account? One of the downsides of the Internet is the dissemination of misinformation. That has led some to be...
- Unique opportunity for permanent residency with an investment For certain, COVID19 is the iceberg's tip; there is a new norm forming, and we need to prepare ourse...
- What are the cheapest second passport programs? A second passport can cost you a few hundred or thousand dollars in legal fees. That is, of course, ...
Open a Bank account
Open a Company
Obtain a Financial license
Create a Trust
Establish your family office
Send us Your task
Nevis-US LLC + bank account $3400
Foundation + account $5800
IBC + account from $2000
LLC + account from $1800
IBC + account $2140
LLC + account from $2270
Company + account from $2700
Foundation + account from $3800
Storage + company + account $9500
Company + account from €2000
Foreign company + account $10,000
Company + account from $6920
Company + account from $3050
Company + account from $4600
LP + account from $2350
Company + account from $2740
LTD + account from 2350 USD
Branch office + account $9500
LP+ account from 2800 USD