Blog and newsBlog
What countries can you visit visa-free with a Saint Lucia passport?
The importance of a second passport has been vastly covered here at Mundo. Besides offering a safe haven in times of trouble, citizenship by investment programs open a world of new possibilities.
A second travel document, like the St Lucia passport, allows you to study, live, and do business in a whole new country legally and hassle-free. Moreover, some passports are quite accessible being available with a minimum investment of 100,000USD. This doesn’t include the family, but for an extra 40,000 or 50,000, close relatives can apply too. All in all, an investment of 150,000 or even 200,000 is not a bad deal if we consider the advantages of a second passport.
This is why Mundo strongly recommends a CBI as the first step of a financial and asset protection plan.
St Lucia Citizenship by investment and its connection to the world
This country has developed in close connection to Great Britain. As a former colony, St Lucia has received an enormous cultural heritage as well as similar policies when it comes to international relationships. For instance, during the 80s, Great Britain was the island’s main exporting market and Queen Elisabeth is still the official Head of State. The British influence is also reflected in St Lucia’s commitment to the CARICOM which is a Caribbean organization of countries with a common goal in mind. In other words, Caricom is a consolidated union that works towards increasing the economy and improving the life quality of the region.
As you can see, Saint Lucia citizenship by investment stands on solid ground. This healthy approach to international relations can also be seen in the country’s response to the current global situation.
Even though it was the last one of all other Caribbean countries with CBIs in place to take this measure, St Lucia finally did it. We are talking about a measure regarding Russian and Belorrusians applicants. Since March 18, the St Lucia Citizenship by investment is no longer available for citizens of these jurisdictions.
A measure from the 28th of February was announcing this decision when the Republic Bank Limited stated that they would no longer take transactions from the said regions. Since this is one of the two banks that work with the Citizenship by Investment Unit, it was a matter of time before the measure reached a wider scope.
In practical terms, St Lucia’s good international connections can be reflected in its visa-free agreement. Readers should not underestimate this benefit.
We already agreed that the main advantage of a St Lucia passport is that it provides freedom and safety, but the possibility of travelling should not be overlooked. To back this up, we prepared a list of the advantages of visa-free travel:
- Conducting business at a global level becomes easier.
- More access to world-class universities.
- Wider vacationing options.
- More possibilities to make transfers and layovers without having to ask for a transit visa.
- Possibility to meet new business partners.
- Opening accounts or headquarters abroad becomes easier.
- It facilitates the purchase of real estate abroad.
- It expedites or even eliminates the endless and expensive visa procedures.
So, what are the countries that you can visit visa-free with a Saint Lucia passport?
Visa-free countries that you can visit when obtaining St Lucia citizenship by investment
On May 28, 2015, St Lucia signed an agreement that allows visa-free travel through the Schengen countries. Thanks to this, it’s possible to enter visa-free in almost all countries of Europe including Hungary, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Estonia, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Portugal.
Many countries in Africa allow visa-free entry to holders of a Saint Lucia passport. However, some of them may ask for additional documentation such as a return ticket or a medical certificate. With that said, next, you’ll find some of the most business-oriented African countries that have a visa-free agreement in place.
- Cabo Verde
- Sierra Leona
There are almost 20 countries that allow St Lucia citizens visa-free entry. They can also obtain a B2 US visa quite easily. Moreover, there are plenty of countries that don’t require additional documents. Some of these are Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panamá, Perú, Chile, Barbados, and Ecuador.
Asia also receives St Lucia citizens visa-free and this includes Israel, Malaysia, and important business centers like Hong Kong. To visit some of these countries, you’ll need to obtain an electronic visa, in which case you have to enter the country through the points where those visas are allowed. Asian countries that accept visa-free entry are India, Israel, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Turkey, the Philippines, and South Korea.
We must not forget that Oceania has excellent business and economic hubs. The following countries support visa-free travel for St Lucia: Vanuatu, Fiji, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, and Palau island.
St Lucia passport requirements
But how to get all these benefits? Now it’s the time to present St Lucia passport requirements so that you can analyze your possibilities of obtaining this second citizenship.
Firstly, let’s touch upon what is not required: a personal visit. The ability to apply from abroad is a huge advantage, especially in the post-covid era. In line with this, St Lucia doesn’t stipulate minimum stay requirements to maintain the citizen status.
Applications are usually processed in 5 months, which is not a long time to wait for a second home. There are three different ways to apply:
- Bond investment
- Real estate investment
This is the simplest option as it requires the applicant to make a financial donation to the country’s national fund. The requirement can be met easily (with a simple transaction), however, it’s mandatory to prove that the source of the funds is legit. These are the minimum investment amounts:
For a single applicant: 100,000 USD
Applicant + spouse: 140,000 USD
Applicant + spouse +2 children: 150,000 USD
To add additional dependents, you’ll have to donate 25,000 more for each of them.
This is the ideal option if:
- You are a single applicant or have a small family.
- You want the cheapest investment possible.
- You want the simplest investment possible.
This is what makes the St Lucia citizenship by investment program unique. It’s the only CBI in the Caribbean to accept this option. This is a great alternative if:
- You don’t want just to donate money but obtain returns from your investment.
- You want to get a good ROI, but you don’t have time to look for a real estate property.
Thus, the minimum investment is 250,000 USD and you can include up to four family members (the applicant + 3 more). The holding period varies from 5 to 7 years. Additional dependents can be included for a 15,000-USD fee.
Real estate investment
This is one of the most popular choices not only in the Caribbean but also in all CBIs worldwide. The investors must acquire a government-approved property or development project to obtain the right to citizenship. The minimum holding period is 5 years, after which the citizen can sell. The minimum investment, in this case, is 300,000 USD. Yet, this is assigned to the purchase only, hence, the applicant and dependents have to pay the following fees:
Main Applicant: 50,000 USD
Spouse: 30,000 USD
Children under 18: 25,000 USD
Dependents over 18: 35,000 USD
A real estate investment is ideal for those who:
- Want to live in the country and need a place of residence.
- Prefer real estate as an investment.
- Have the time to conduct the proper research.
- Want to get passive rental income.
- Want to get capital gains from the resale (after 5 years).
Who we are
Mundo is a publication about international business. We write mainly for the perpetual traveler and the nomad capitalist, in other words, people who are looking for the same thing we are: freedom.
We are part of a prestigious financial group. Moreover, we grew considerably thanks to our parent company and their contacts, because this is a fiduciary firm that has been providing high-end financial products since 1994.
Luckily, Mundo now has the opportunity to give something back to the financial community and all our clients. With an online platform in 4 of the most popular business languages, Russian, English, Spanish, and Chinese, we have a considerable wider reach.
This makes us the best link between providers, experts, clients, and investors, being totally in line with our anarcho-capitalism philosophy.
What we can do for you
Our parent company has been providing citizenship by investment services in the Caribbean and Vanuatu for almost three decades. Our experts have all the contacts, information, and knowledge to help you obtain Saint Lucia citizenship by investment. Contact us and ask for the first consultation now!
- Banking and Accounts
- Family Office
- Real Estate Investments
- Corporate Structures
- Philosophy of Money
- Crypto and Forex
- Residency and Citizenship
- Investment and Finance
- AML System for your Bank
- Assets Registration
- Master Minds
- Money Machine
- Expat Living in
- Financial Licenses
- Taxes and Tax Residency
- Trust and Asset Protection
- New real estate option to get Grenada citizenship by investment: 5-star world-class hotel The citizenship by investment concept was born in 1984 with the program of Saint Kitts and Nevis. Si...
- Start a company in Estonia with substance: everything you need to know Today Mundo presents an article for those who want to start a company in Estonia. Being one of the b...
- A new beginning: Last call for the Montenegro citizenship program If you want to get citizenship in Montenegro, 2022 is your year. A second citizenship is of vital im...
- Substance requirements abroad: the advantages of Cyprus corporate services “Economic substance” are the two words that concern every international entrepreneur in the 21st cen...
- Panama property: The real estate market in 2022 At Mundo, we help international businesspeople to buy an apartment in Panama. We partner with the be...
- Benefits of a Singapore Offshore company with economic substance In our days, one of the main things that you need to consider when going offshore is economic substa...
- Excellent option in the land of opportunities: Panama is extending its visa program benefit Since this is one of our favorite jurisdictions, we have written many articles about it. We're talki...
- Real estate investment in Costa del Este: Living in the city under a new concept Many people contact us because they want to buy a condo in Panama, and we encourage this type of inq...
Open a Bank Account
Open a Company
Obtain a Financial License
Create a Trust
Establish Your Family Office
Send Us Your Task