Blog and newsBlog
How to get Maltese citizenship by investment
All good things come to an end. And this happened to the Maltese citizenship by investment program; its well-known Maltese Individual Investor Program was widely known as the best and most reputable in the world.
However, sometimes that quote from ‘The Dark Knight’ applies to CBI programs: “You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”, and some programs have been shut down because the pressure was high, especially after Cyprus had to cancel its own program.
Although the previous Malta Individual Investor program is not available anymore, there is an alternative that is acquiring permanent residency by investment and with greater benefits. Thus, do not worry; you can still get a Maltese citizenship.
Maltese residency and applying for Maltese citizenship by investment
Fierce political debates preceded the final introduction of the initial program, the IIP. Yet, from 2014, the government enacted the program but capped it at 1800 main applicants. The Malta Individual Investor Program Agency processed over 2000 applications, approving 1408 and refusing 403 in both advanced and initial stages. During its four years of duration, it generated over 1.5 billion euros for the island’s economy.
Yet, the EU changed the Member States’ naturalization regulations, which led Malta to overhaul its RBI and CBI schemes.
The new solution is a mix of both in a brand-new program available for those wishing to become European citizens. It is a residency by investment program that allows applicants to become Maltese citizens after one or three years, depending on the amount invested.
Under the new program, you must first become a Maltese resident to qualify for citizenship. The requirements are the following:
- A donation to the government of 750,000 euros to become a citizen after one year and 600,000 euros to become a citizen after three years.
- A donation to a registered nonprofit organization in Malta.
- Acquisition of a residential property of at least 700,000 euros or renting one for at least 16,000 euros.
- For any additional dependent, the primary applicant must pay 50,000 euros.
This new scheme has a limit of 1,500 applications. Contact our experts for more information.
- You can include your spouse, dependent children up to 28 years old, and dependent parents and grandparents over 55 years old.
- You will be able to live, work, and invest visa-free and unrestrictedly within the EU.
- You can travel to the US visa-free.
- You will become eligible for the Maltese non-dom regime, which will allow you to acquire a special tax residency where you will be taxed 15% only over your local income.
Maltese citizenship - What else should you know?
Getting a second homeland
At Mundo, we like to highlight the fact that this program is not about buying Maltese citizenship. On the contrary, it is about a contribution to the country and its economy. The Malta Individual Investor program raised 1.5 billion euros that contributed to the island´s development. Moreover, this new program is intended to gather funds that will be used for the people´s wellbeing and restoration of the economy, considering the crisis caused by the coronavirus during 2020, and to help nonprofit organizations in their altruistic goals for the benefit of the community. Also, the applicant and his family will be required to have property in the country and to spend time in it, thus mixing with the country´s cultural environment and the people. When applying for this program, you won´t be buying Maltese citizenship, but will be getting a new homeland where you can develop your cultural self and learn from the rich exchange experience.
What can we do for you?
We work with Discus Holdings, one of the largest CBI and RBI providers in Europe. Their headquarters is in Valetta, Malta’s breathtaking capital. They were among the first few official agents of the residency and citizenship by investment programs, enjoying an unparalleled record of approvals. They work with one of the top real estate developers in Malta, which will help you have the best real estate options in the market.
Malta has one of the most reputable CBI programs in the world and the only one yet available within the EU. Applying for Maltese citizenship is still possible through this new residency program. Contact us immediately and we will put you in touch with our experts in order to apply to the Maltese citizenship by investment.
- What is KYC Nobody doubts the fact that it is necessary to know one´s clients. In some areas, like financial adv...
- British dual citizenship: Which CBI program is for you? Albeit some European countries have strict laws, British dual citizenship is allowed. British dual n...
- The best citizenship by investment programs for 2020 Due to the increasing financial uncertainty and to the rise in regulations that took place during th...
- The 5 cheapest countries to open offshore bank accounts and establish a company With the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus and due to the ever-increasing regulations and re...
- How to get residency and guaranteed income in Panama In October of this year, Panama issued Decree 722, opening the door to obtaining permanent residency...
- Can a US Citizen Have an Offshore Bank Account? One of the downsides of the Internet is the dissemination of misinformation. That has led some to be...
- Unique opportunity for permanent residency with an investment For certain, COVID19 is the iceberg's tip; there is a new norm forming, and we need to prepare ourse...
- What are the cheapest second passport programs? A second passport can cost you a few hundred or thousand dollars in legal fees. That is, of course, ...
Open a Bank account
Open a Company
Obtain a Financial license
Create a Trust
Establish your family office
Send us Your task
Nevis-US LLC + bank account $3400
Foundation + account $5800
IBC + account from $2000
LLC + account from $1800
IBC + account $2140
LLC + account from $2270
Company + account from $2700
Foundation + account from $3800
Storage + company + account $9500
Company + account from €2000
Foreign company + account $10,000
Company + account from $6920
Company + account from $3050
Company + account from $4600
LP + account from $2350
Company + account from $2740
LTD + account from 2350 USD
Branch office + account $9500
LP+ account from 2800 USD