Mundo’s country rating is essentially a freedom index whereby our team of specialists rates a combination of freedoms which include freedom from violence and personal attacks, financial freedom from high taxes, business freedom from government interference, and especially from socialism and communism.
Political Stability: 10
As Saint Kitts and Nevis is part of the British Commonwealth of Nations, it inherits the political tradition of Great Britain. That is, the Head of State of this jurisdiction is the monarch of the United Kingdom. The head of state elects a Governor-General resident in Saint Kitts and Nevis to represent her in the island’s local affairs.
In St. Kitts and Nevis, political squabbling, corruption scandals, and the vices of bipartisan politics, which are the daily bread worldwide, are practically non-existent. Generally, nations belonging to the British Commonwealth enjoy a level of political stability that puts them on a level above countries where different political parties live fighting for power and threatening each other.
Personal Safety: 8
This jurisdiction has gone through difficult times related to its rate of insecurity and major crimes and has been the subject of controversial reports such as the one by the BBC in 2015 that pictured Saint Kitts and Nevis as a very violent place. However, this jurisdiction has set out to solve this problem, and since 2011 the crime rate has dropped dramatically. For example, between 2011 and 2015, crime dropped by 60%. And the rate has continued to fall: in 2020, the Nevis police indicated that, compared to 2019, crime dropped by another 41%.
Today Saint Kitts and Nevis is a jurisdiction where you can walk peacefully through the tourist areas at any time of day.
The lifestyle of Saint Kitts and Nevis adapts to any person's needs: there are many opportunities to live tropical adventures in this country, but there are also spaces to enjoy tranquility and privacy. The country combines its wonderful natural gifts and its incredible local culture to delight the most varied visitors and new residents with activities that stimulate the body and mind alike.
As for the island's living conditions, you will be happy to know that nothing is lacking in Saint Kitts and Nevis: the health and education network is fully established and continuously improving. Not to mention the infrastructure in communication and technologies that receive more and more money to invest in expansion and modernization projects that are increasingly ambitious. It is a nice place to visit, but you would not really want to live here unless you love quiet places. In case you love quiet and secluded beautiful beaches, then Nevis is the place for you.
And still, if you want a more active place, Nevis is a short flight away from Miami. Thus, if you get bored of being on a small island, you’re a stone’s throw away from some of the best beaches and nightlife in America.
Saint Kitts and Nevis has been transforming itself into a tourism and service economy for years now, so you can see the government’s emphasis on developing infrastructure in every corner of the country.
Imagine combining developed nations' infrastructure and services with heavenly Caribbean beaches, virgin forests and jungles, friendly and charismatic locals, and a growing economy. That's Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Tax Optimization: 10
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a perfect jurisdiction to reduce your tax burden if you already have an income source abroad. In this small country, there are no taxes on foreign-generated income, inheritance, wealth, and in some cases, no taxes on capital gains. That doesn't mean there are no taxes. In Nevis, there are taxes for people who work and generate their income within the jurisdiction, but this is seldom the case for foreign investors.
Non-resident legal entities that generate money within Saint Kitts and Nevis are also subject to tax. However, if the income is generated outside the jurisdiction, it is exempt.
Another tax you should be aware of if you want to get more involved in Saint Kitts and Nevis is the real estate tax. The rate of this tax depends on the properties' market value, but generally, it is between 0.2 and 0.3% of the property’s value, a very low rate compared with other countries.
In general, the tax burden in Saint Kitts and Nevis exists, but it is not remotely comparable to that of European jurisdictions or other countries in the Americas, especially North America. If your income originates outside the jurisdiction, this place is ideal for implementing your tax optimization strategy.
Investment Potential: 8
Investing in such a small island might seem rare, but Saint Kitts and Nevis has some excellent options. For example, real estate is a solid investment that can come with a Nevis passport. We have one of the best tourist investments available for the CBI program. However, this is not the only option.
In Nevis, a developer has to go through a lengthy process to obtain the right to sell his developments with citizenship. Since the citizenship business is booming, this provides a great financial injection to the economy plus a very good business model. Tourism is still somewhat underdeveloped, but finance is a strong sector, too.
One of the best opportunities you can take from Saint Kitts and Nevis is that this jurisdiction has a solid but friendly regulatory framework to initiate a cryptocurrency business. The Nevis crypto license allows you:
- Exchange between fiat and cryptocurrencies
- Exchange between cryptocurrencies
- Transfer crypto-currencies by value or not
- Safeguarding or administration of cryptocurrencies or instruments that provide control over cryptocurrencies
- Provision of financial services to issue and sell cryptocurrencies
In addition to the licenses related to cryptocurrencies, another profitable opportunity in Saint Kitts and Nevis is the different financial licenses you can obtain to perform different financial services, including captive insurance and forex.
Freedom Rating: 44 (out of 50)
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a charming choice and has the longest-running citizenship by investment program of all jurisdictions with similar programs. Its economy has been growing steadily for almost a decade, and its investment and asset protection opportunities are among the best in the region. This jurisdiction holds great promise for foreign investors and high net worth individuals seeking a safe place for business and more privacy. If you want to know how to make the most of the opportunities that Saint Kitts and Nevis has to offer, do not hesitate to contact us and meet our team of experts who can help you.
- About Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Mundo's Freedom Rating (0-10)
- Companies and Structures
- Foundations in St. Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Kitts and Nevis' Citizenship
- Banking Services
- Financial Licenses
- Crypto License in St. Kitts and Nevis
- Trusts in St. Kitts and Nevis
- Real Estate Investments
- Investment Projects in St.Kitts and Nevis
- Citizenship Programs
- What is KYC Nobody doubts the fact that it is necessary to know one´s clients. In some areas, like financial adv...
- British dual citizenship: Which CBI program is for you? Albeit some European countries have strict laws, British dual citizenship is allowed. British dual n...
- The best citizenship by investment programs for 2020 Due to the increasing financial uncertainty and to the rise in regulations that took place during th...
- The 5 cheapest countries to open offshore bank accounts and establish a company With the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus and due to the ever-increasing regulations and re...
- How to get residency and guaranteed income in Panama In October of this year, Panama issued Decree 722, opening the door to obtaining permanent residency...
- Can a US Citizen Have an Offshore Bank Account? One of the downsides of the Internet is the dissemination of misinformation. That has led some to be...
- Unique opportunity for permanent residency with an investment For certain, COVID19 is the iceberg's tip; there is a new norm forming, and we need to prepare ourse...
- What are the cheapest second passport programs? A second passport can cost you a few hundred or thousand dollars in legal fees. That is, of course, ...
Open a Bank account
Open a Company
Obtain a Financial license
Create a Trust
Establish your family office
Send us Your task